Since 1947, women facing an unplanned pregnancy have turned to Catholic Social Service for assistance.
We offer support in a non-judgmental manner to assist you in making decisions about your needs, your child’s needs, and your future. Information regarding parenting and adoption options is explored without pressure. We can assist you in obtaining medical care, housing, and other necessities.
Our Pregnancy Program seeks to serve you with respect and assist you in your dedication to you child. All services are confidential. There is never a charge for pregnancy counseling.
- If you choose adoption, you have options regarding the level of openness with the adoptive family.
- Our adoptive families live in Tucson and other Southern Arizona communities; therefore, birth parents and adoptive parents have a greater opportunity to meet and stay in touch with one another.
- The adoptive families in our program have been carefully evaluated by our experienced staff. We take the time to get to know these families well.
- We will be there to support your decision.
Questions and concerns about choosing adoption
You may ask why birth parents might choose adoption for their child.
- We have found that parents choose adoption because they love their children and want what is best for them.
- There are a variety of valid reasons that lead birth parents to realize that they are not able to parent a child at this time in their lives.
- We understand that making an adoption plan can be a very difficult decision, one that takes courage, strength and love.
Birth parents want to know how they will know that their child is in a good family.
- Catholic Social Service is a licensed adoption agency and all of our adoptive families must meet Arizona State requirements before they can accept placement of a child.
- Catholic Social Service has its own high standards, which go beyond the basic requirements of the law.
- Our program also offers the opportunity to get to know the family and to keep in touch through updates, photos and visits. This allows our birth parents to see first-hand their child’s adjustment and to be a part of the child’s life should they wish.
Some may say that it is selfish to consider adoption. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
- Adoption is a very caring plan that is made out of love for your child. It takes a great deal of maturity to know that love alone is not enough for a child to thrive. That doesn’t mean you are selfish; it means that you understand that parenting a child at this time is not in your best interest, nor in that of your child.
- Often friends and family make negative comments about adoption because they don’t understand the position that you are in. It is important to think seriously about your parenting and adoption options before making this decision.
Only you can decide what is best for you and for your child.
How to reach us:
You may contact our counselor by email or by telephone
- Office: (520) 623-0344
- Email: email@example.com
- Cell phone: (520) 465-4922 (voice calls and text messages are welcome)
How to participate:
- You may call or email to learn about your options.
- You can meet with our counselor at the office in Tucson, or in one of our other communities, at your home, or at another location convenient for you.