Legislation in May, 2016 has doubled the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit and extended the deadline for you to make your donation.
The Arizona Charitable Tax Credit (also known as the Working Poor Tax Credit) reduces, dollar-for-dollar, what you pay in Arizona state income tax.
Here’s how it works now!
When you donate to Catholic Community Services, you can claim a dollar-for-dollar reduction in your Arizona state income taxes:
- Couples filing jointly: Now up to $800!
- Head of household or individual filer: Now up to $400!
- And you now have until April 15 to make your qualifying donation.
Donations made between January 1 and April 15 may be claimed for the preceding or current taxable year’s credit. It’s up to you.
The extended deadline for contributing gives people an opportunity to know their tax burden for the year, and make an informed decision about their tax credit donation.
The Arizona Charitable Tax Credit is separate from the Private School Tuition (CTSO for Catholic Schools) and Public School Activity Tax Credits. You may claim all three, if you wish!
If you have insufficient Arizona tax liability for the current year, you may carry the tax credit forward for up to five years.
You may also claim your donation as a charitable deduction on your itemized federal income tax return for the current year.
If you prefer to spread out your giving, monthly or quarterly payment options are available.
And it’s easy:
- Make your donation to Catholic Community Services (a qualifying charitable organization for this tax credit) by April 15.
- Donate online now. Click Here
- Mail your check to:
Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona
Attn: Development Department
140 W. Speedway, Ste. 230
Tucson, AZ 85705
- Donate by phone: (520) 670-0854
If you are mailing a check, your donation must be postmarked by April 15. Please allow ample time for credit card donations. Your credit card must be charged by April 15.
- Prepare your Arizona state income tax return. You do not have to itemize.
- Complete the Arizona Tax Forms 321 and 320 and include them with your return.
Keep your tax dollars in Tucson and help to create a stronger community for all!